Sunday 22 December 2013

Bobbi Brown Old Hollywood Eye Palette Review


In my infinite wisdom of being makeup obsessed, I am signed up to just about every makeup related email, whether it be individual brands, stores like Space NK or online beauty retailers. So when this little beauty popped into my inbox a couple of months before Christmas from the Bobbi Brown site I knew it would be a festive winner. A couple of matte shades, a gold shimmery shade and four glitters? I was hooked....



The Bobbi Brown palette is THE perfect festive palette, when else can you pile on the glitter and not represent an 80's disco ball? The four glitter shades in the palette are not overpowering, encompassing a silver, pale gold, deep gold and brown and if anything, have a very low pigment so its difficult to go overboard. You definitely need a good primer to use these shades, and I found the best way to use them was with my finger, to add a "pop" in the centre of the eye. The other four matte shades, like all Bobbi's products, are super pigmented. Two light shades for the inner corner and crease and two dark shades- grey and black- for the outer crease. The one shimmery gold colour I used all over the lid as a base, added the grey or black in the outer crease and added one of the glitter shades over the top. It really does create an elegant festive eye look, without going too overboard. As we all know, Bobbi is never one to go OTT! I think this palette would work really well with the Old Hollywood Lip colour, a Marilyn inspired red which comes in a fabulous gold case. Now where did I leave that credit card... 


The Bobbi Brown Old Hollywood Eye Palette is available from http://www.bobbibrown.co.uk for £59.
Love K xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment